16 Mar 2010, 12:33
|FP 2.2.1b small problems
I have installed FinderPop a few days ago. It's an extraordinary piece of software! Many thanks to you Mr Turly! I have eared about your health problems: I heartily hope all is better for you now! As you call for beta testers for FP2.2.1b, I have tried it for some days and here is what I have noticed:
1) Trying to install FP2.2.1b over 2.2 (after quitting system preferences) leads to error -3. Installation succeeds after removing FP2.2 from pref panes (happened 3+ times).
2) After FP installing, my Logitech mouse was not working properly. I had to open and close its preference pane to fix it (unreproducible).
3) When a window region has no original contextual menu, FP doesn't create its own (normal?).
4) Finder windows toolbar and title bar have a contextual menu but FP one is not included.
5) Sometimes, key "p" doesn't work when "Finder" is on top. Fixed after FP reinstalling.
6) When right click in some application's windows (Opera at least), FP doesn't add its menu (mouse management is made differently in Opera: response is on button up, not down).
I use OS 10.5.8 on iMac.