FinderPop 2.2.8 BETA[Up to topic list] [Home]
25 Apr 2010, 09:53
|FinderPop 2.2.8 BETA|
FinderPop 2.2.8 BETA (tagged "The Cruelest Month") is now available.
- Works on PPC 10.4 and 10.5, as well as Intel 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6.
- If no problems appear in the next few days, I'll re-release it as a non-beta and announce it to MacUpdate, VersionTracker et al (though, ahem, I have said this before :-)
- Updated German localisation
- Clicking in unused menubar now works in Intel Excel and Acrobat Reader 9
- When uninstalling FinderPop, remove the osax Scripting Addition too
- Remove bozo debug printf I accidentally left in
* Adds a goofy scripting facility to run scripts or programs before generating the FinderPop menu, allowing these scripts to add or remove items from the FinderPop Items folder (or indeed any folder.) Basically any file whose name ends in ".fpsh" in the FinderPop Items folder (or one level below it, ie in a folder inside the FinderPop Items folder) will be run before and after FinderPop runs; the Finder selection is passed to the script, the script can examine the selection and add or remove items to the FinderPop Items folder which will then appear (or not) in the FinderPop popup menus. I'll explain this in more detail in another post as it's not likely to be useful to any but a handful of people... but it could be used to reintroduce a measure of contextuality. I was looking at supporting old CM plugins but there are numerous problems with 64/32bitness.)
What remains to be done:
* Contextual Menu Support in apps other than the Finder on Snow Leopard
* FinderPop info help tag windows on Cocoa apps in Snow Leopard
If you're installing this over a previous beta, you'll have to restart or logout for it to take effect.
As usual, if there are any issues with this: http://www.fnarr.net/fp
PS: Anyone wishing to see the (rather impressive) results of my recent shoulder operation might like to look here... :-)
25 Apr 2010, 21:28
|Re: FinderPop 2.2.8 BETA|
I noticed a small appearance bug that may have been there in previous versions without me noticing it before.
I have "Use same file names as displayed in Finder" enabled. Thus the Dutch localized names of files and folders will appear in the FP menus, like "Programma's" instead of "Applications". However, I have also "Add Contents submenu" enabled and when I select and right-click (or control-click) on a localized folder, the name of the contents submenu is always the non-localized name, "Applications" instead of the expected "Programma's".
(Still 10.5.8 on Intel Mac)
02 May 2010, 19:50
|Re: FinderPop 2.2.8 BETA|
Should be fixed in 2.2.9 - well spotted, it's been there forever I think...